35 hours over 3 weekends
ISA Strength and Conditioning Workshop
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
- Valid CPR-AED Certification (you may obtain your CPR + AED certification with ISA at a subsidised rate, if you don’t already have one!
The ISA Strength and Conditioning workshop equips you with fundamental knowledge and skills to design various training programs tailored to an individual’s needs, with the aim of improving sport-specific skill development. You will learn the steps needed to improve athletic performance and conduct tests to determine the effectiveness of training.
- Able to understand the concepts of Human Anatomy, Bioenergetics, Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics of Resistance Exercise
- Able to explain the concepts and principles associated with Anatomical Adaptations, Hypertrophy, Power Conversion and Maintenance
- Able to utilize knowledge learned from Sport Nutrition and consider the nutritional factors and affecting sport and performance
- Able to explain the steps involved in constructing and developing various types of training programmes
- Able to describe the guidelines used to select and conduct appropriate testing methods and analyze the results
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 3 days x Theory Lessons, delivered via Zoom
- 2 days x Practical Sessions, delivered at ISA Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
Materials to Receive
- ISA Strength & Conditioning Workshop Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- Certificate of Completion for ISA Strength and Conditioning Workshop
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2023*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $53.50 per person
- Register in a group of 4 or more and receive a discount of $107.00 per person
Continuing Education Credits
- 3.5 ACE CECs awarded upon completion
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Besides having online materials that were readily accessible, the additional videos provided by ISA were very useful in providing visual aid to understand the concepts better! The instructors are very knowledgeable as they were clear and detailed in their explanations. They even used relevant examples or draw from personal experiences to illustrate. They took time to go through the concepts repeatedly to ensure that we understand the concepts and were prepared for the ACE exam!
During the Circuit Breaker, ISA has been keeping us students up-to-date of the latest happenings, safety measures and changes implemented by the school. The staff and instructors are generally well-prepared, which is an essential quality to have during this unprecedented crisis!
This course has provided me with insights on safety precautions for my patients. A good percentage of them are actually pre-hypertensive or may have some semblance of cardiovascular disease. With these knowledge, it allows me to track their progress via strength training!