35 hours over 3 weekends
ISA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Course (leading to NSCA Certification)
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Aspiring Strength and Conditioning Specialists
Sports Professionals working with Competitive Athletes
- At least a Bachelor Degree in any discipline OR Chiropractic / Medicine degree granted by an accredited institution
- Valid CPR-AED Certification (you may obtain your CPR + AED certification with ISA at a subsidised rate, if you don’t already have one!)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCSs) are professionals who apply scientific knowledge to train athletes for the primary goal of improving athletic performance. They conduct sport-specific testing sessions, design and implement safe and effective strength training and conditioning programs and provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention. Recognizing that their area of expertise is separate and distinct, CSCSs consult with and refer athletes to other professionals when appropriate.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will understand:
- Structure and Function of the Muscular, Neuromuscular, Cardiovascular and Respiratory System
- Bioenergetics of Exercise and Training
- Endocrine Responses to Resistance Exercise
- Biomechanics of Resistance Exercise
- Adaptations to Anaerobic and Aerobic Training Programs
- Age and Sex Related Differences and Their Implications for Resistance Exercise
- Psychology of Athletic Preparation and Performance
- Performance Enhancing Substances
- Nutritional Factors in Health and Performance
- Principles of Test Selection and Administration
- Administration, Scoring, and Interpretation of Selected Tests
- Warm-Up, Stretching, Resistance Training and Spotting Techniques
- Plyometric Training, Speed, Agility and Speed-Endurance Development
- Periodization, Rehabilitation and Reconditioning
- Facility Organization, Risk Management, Policy Development
and Procedures Manual
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 4 days x Theory Lessons, delivered via Zoom
- 2 days x Practical Sessions, delivered at ISA Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification Examination
- 220 questions in 4 hours (2 parts)
- Course administrator will purchase the examination ticket for all students during the 3rd weekend and from the date it has been successfully purchased, students will have 120 days to book and complete the examination on their own.
Materials to Receive
- NSCA Essentials of Strength and Conditioning (4th Edition) (Soft-copy)
- NSCA CSCS Study Guide (Soft-copy)
- NSCA Examination Ticket (to be purchased for students by ISA)
- 1 year NSCA Membership (to be purchased for students by ISA)
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate of Completion for ISA Certified Strength and Conditioning Course
(Upon completion of the course, participants will receive the above-mentioned certificate.)
- NSCA Certificate for NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
(Upon passing the NSCA Certification Examination, students will be certified as a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and receive the NSCA Certificate.)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $53.50 per person
- Register in a group of 4 or more and receive a discount of $107.00 per person
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
I chose ISA because it is well-established and has been around longer than other sports academies that I know of. The staff were also more responsive when I enquired about the course. I learnt that personal training is not just about executing a workout plan, but also about one's approach to client management.
I've chanced upon the ISA-SLI Sports Coaching for Kids Certification on the ISA website and having prior experience working with children, I was interested to increase my knowledge in fundamental skills such as proper communication, psychological aspects and fundamental movement skills for children that are quintessential in becoming a kids sport coach. The lecturers were knowledgeable, experienced and engaging especially during the practical aspects of the course and I have definitely learned a lot from them. I would strongly recommend anyone who is interested in becoming a kids sports coach to take on this course.
I wanted to widen my knowledge in this field and have a clearer understanding. After attending the course, I was able to confidently guide my clients and the people around me with metabolic diseases to better their training perspective and lifestyle as a whole.