42 hours over 3 weekends
ISA Certificate in Basic Sports Massage
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
This course emphasizes the techniques of deep tissue and recovery massage. Participants will learn essential concepts such as Human Anatomy and Kinesiology in order to build a strong foundation which will aid them in massage. Participants will then learn how to conduct massage techniques such as effleurage, petrissage and tapotement. Participants will also learn the indications/contraindications and the appropriate application of these approaches for various conditions. Additionally, this course provides participants with an understanding of basic medical terminology and the relationship between anatomy/physiology and the practice of sports massage. Finally, participants must complete 10 hours of a massage attachment under the supervision of the trainer.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will understand:
- Basic anatomy/physiology of the human body
- Whole body sports massage techniques
- The application of deep tissue and recovery massage techniques
- The indications/contraindications of sports massage
- How to conduct a proper set up of the massage bed and preparation of the client for the massage
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 1st Weekend of Theory, delivered via Zoom
- 2nd & 3rd Weekend of Practical, delivered at ISA Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- Theory Assessment, held on last day of course
- Practical Assessment, held on last day of course
- 10-hours Guided Practicum, held after the course
Materials to Receive
- ISA Basic Sports Massage Manual
- ISA Oil Bottle
- Massage Beds & Towels (provided for class use during course)
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Basic Sports Massage
(Upon completion of the course, participants will receive the above-mentioned certificate.)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $950.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $53.50 per person
- Register in a group of 4 or more and receive a discount of $107.00 per person
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Besides having online materials that were readily accessible, the additional videos provided by ISA were very useful in providing visual aid to understand the concepts better! The instructors are very knowledgeable as they were clear and detailed in their explanations. They even used relevant examples or draw from personal experiences to illustrate. They took time to go through the concepts repeatedly to ensure that we understand the concepts and were prepared for the ACE exam!
During the Circuit Breaker, ISA has been keeping us students up-to-date of the latest happenings, safety measures and changes implemented by the school. The staff and instructors are generally well-prepared, which is an essential quality to have during this unprecedented crisis!
This course has provided me with insights on safety precautions for my patients. A good percentage of them are actually pre-hypertensive or may have some semblance of cardiovascular disease. With these knowledge, it allows me to track their progress via strength training!