We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
As we may hold and transmit Personal Data (as defined in the PDPA) in the course of us providing our services to you, we would like to assure you, our valued student, that we have taken such necessary steps to ensure that we are in compliance with our obligations under the PDPA, which came into full effect on 2 July 2014.
Collecting your Information
We may collect your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number, details of your current and previous employment history, work performance, education and training and we may retain a record of your correspondence with us. We may also collect partial NRIC numbers from you as part of the registration process.
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your requests / application
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Conduct market research and learner satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- We will gather and utilise such individual data provided to us for the sole purpose of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law. In that regard, we may communicate your personal data to business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programmes which you may qualify for
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, to the extent permitted under local laws and regulations
Legal & regulatory requirements
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
Purpose of Personal Information
Personal information may be obtained through our websites (e.g. when you submit your application) or via one of our consultants (when you send them your application or discuss any potential application to enroll into any of our programmes with them).
Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor our services to your needs. If the Personal Information we have requested is not collected, we may not be able to provide the relevant consultation on the appropriate programmes, or other related services to you.
We may occasionally contact you with information about some of our other courses/workshops/events that we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from the Academy and only if you have not objected.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related or ancillary secondary purpose.
- for the purposes of enrolling you into the relevant academic courses or programmes – pass your personal information to our employees or other parts of our Academy and to other individuals and companies who assist us in supplying our services or who perform functions on our behalf (e.g. third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our students have requested such as medical check-up);
- disclose or transfer your personal information to third party academic partners that we may be working with, or where you have otherwise agreed we may disclose it;
- disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, and professional accountants and other contractors that we may hire from time to time; and
- in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of assets – disclose your personal information to such third parties provided that they agree to only use your personal information for the purposes that you have provided it to us.
If we disclose your personal information to any third party, we will generally require these parties to protect such personal information in the same way as we do.
We may disclose personal information, if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary, to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Academy, or of its website or visitors to our website.
Transferring your Personal Information across International Borders
As part of the services offered to you, the Academy may pass your personal information that you provide to us to our academic partners located outside Singapore (i.e., in Malaysia, Australia and/or United States of America).
Where you apply for any programme where the awarding body is located outside Singapore, your personal information will be sent to the relevant organisation in that country. By submitting your personal information to us, you are agreeing to your personal information being transferred to our academic partners.
Information Collected on our Website
There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The internet is an open system and the Academy cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others.
Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. The Academy cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
The Academy may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this statement).