100% Online & Self-Paced (2-months validity)
American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Certification Course level 1 & 2
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Apsiring Private Swim Instructors
This course is endorsed by NICA (National Instructors & Coaches Association)
This course is recognised for continuing education by CoachSG
Get certified online by one of the most recognized and prestigious swim coaches association in the world! With the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA), you will be certified through a progression of courses that has become the world standard for coaching education since 1985, certifying more than 11,000 coaches in more than 18 nations around the globe.
ASCA Level 1: The Foundations of Coaching
The ASCA Level 1: Foundations of Coaching covers the fundamental principles of swimming and swim coaching. This course is designed to introduce coaches to the philosophy of sport and empower coaches on the pool deck. Topics covered include swim management, coaching communication, teaching methods, and guidance on developing young athletes.
ASCA Level 2: The Stroke School
The ASCA Level 2: Stroke School builds off the material in the Level 1 School and is designed to educate coaches on constructing the best strokes for their swimmers during practice. The primary reason parents bring their children to practice is to learn how to swim better – This is where it starts. In this online certification course, you will learn:
- Biomechanics and Scientific Principles for the Understanding of Swimming Strokes
- Teaching Progressions for Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Freestyle
- Effective Starts and Turns
- Skills and Methods for Better Coaching
- 100% Online & Self-Paced (2-months validity)
- To complete the course and pass the certification assessments within 2 months from the course commencement date
Online Theory Assessment
- ASCA Level 1 Certification Exam – 85% to pass
- ASCA Level 2 Certification Exam – 80% to pass
Materials on ASCA Online Portal
- Supplemental PDFs (only for ASCA Level 1 Certification)
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ASCA Certificate Level 1 Certificate of Completion (upon passing the ASCA Level 1 Assessment)
- ASCA Certificate Level 2 Certificate of Completion (upon passing the ASCA Level 2 Assessment)
Once you have passed the theory assessment, you may obtain the e-certificate directly from the ASCA Online Portal. A hard copy of the certificate may be issued upon request and at additional cost.
All participants must sign up as ASCA members to take the course. A 1-year ASCA membership costs $123, with access to the following:
- ASCA Talks Library (over 250 ASCA Talks including every ASCA World’s Clinic Talk ever placed online excluding the most recent year’s World Clinic Talk)
- ASCA Certifications
- ASCA Discussions on Coaching Talk Library
- ASCA Newsletter (12 issues per year)
- American Swimming Magazine (6 issues per year)
- Exclusive discounts on the ASCA Store (15% off all items)
SGD 260.00 (inclusive of 1-year ASCA membership)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $350.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above
Continuing Education Credits
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Click to download brochure
How to Register?
- Submit your online registration form.
- Make payment upon receipt of invoice.
- The access code and link to access the ASCA Online Portal will be sent via email approximately 10 working days (excluding weekends) after payment has been made.
- Complete the course at your own pace within 1 month from the day you receive the access code and link.
- Once you have passed the theory assessment, you may obtain the e-certificate directly from the ASCA Online Portal. A hard copy of the certificate may be issued upon request and at additional cost.
I joined this course to increase my knowledge and build a better understanding so as to help my elders, myself and people around me. With the knowledge learnt, I'm more confident to share and give advice to the people around me who are at risk of falling. I taught them exercise testings such as balance test and this allowed them to use it in their own exercise.
This course has been beneficial in expanding my knowledge in planning exercises for different groups of populations. I was able to plan exercise programs for my friends and clients during their trimesters. It also highlights the importance of weight bearing exercises for the elderly. With that, I was also able to advise older clients to incorporate exercises such as dancing, jogging and stair climbing.”
As a Certified Personal Trainer and Founder of FITFAB, this workshop benefited both my clients and I. I personally think that Kettlebell is one of the most fun and versatile home equipment to use for my own workout and incorporating it to my clients' workouts. I like how this course has a good balance of both theory and practical element of learning Kettlebell. I enjoyed the session as the instructor (Jacquelynne) taught the lesson in an engaging and fun manner!