100% Online & Self-Paced (1-month validity)
American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Certification Course Level 3
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Apsiring Private Swim Instructors
- Must have obtained both ASCA Level 1 & 2 Certification of Completion
Get certified online by one of the most recognized and prestigious swim coaches association in the world! With the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA), you will be certified through a progression of courses that has become the world standard for coaching education since 1985, certifying more than 11,000 coaches in more than 18 nations around the globe.
ASCA Level 3: The Planning and Executive of Training for Swimmers of All Ages
The ASCA Level 3: The Planning and Executive of Training for Swimmers of All Ages is a review of how the body can react and adapt to training, as well as serving as a resource for developing on knowledge on training structure. The 7-part video series features Coach John Leonard teaching the full Level 3 course. The course is available for instant access which gives practical knowledge on how to develop a long-term and short-term training plan, and how to incorporate progressions to bring about improvements. It begins with a review of the interaction of various physical and mental systems, continues with the scientific background for training, descriptions of training methodologies and terms, and then proceeds to discuss the planning of training for both new, developmental swimmers and accomplished swimmers of all ages, up to and including Senior and Masters swimmers.
- 100% Online & Self-Paced (1-month validity)
- To complete the course and pass the certification assessment within 1 month from the date you receive the access code and link to the ASCA Online Portal
Online Theory Assessment
- ASCA Level 3 Certification Exam – 80% to pass
Materials on ASCA Online Portal
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ASCA Certificate Level 3 Certificate of Completion (upon passing the ASCA Level 3 Assessment)
Once you have passed the theory assessment, ASCA will email you the Certificate of Completion in PDF format.
*In order to obtain the full Level 3 Certificate, participants will need to fulfil certain performance achievement criteria. For more information on the criteria, please refer here.
All participants must sign up as ASCA members to take the course. A 1-year ASCA membership costs $123, with access to the following:
- ASCA Talks Library (over 250 ASCA Talks including every ASCA World’s Clinic Talk ever placed online excluding the most recent year’s World Clinic Talk)
- ASCA Certifications
- ASCA Discussions on Coaching Talk Library
- ASCA Newsletter (12 issues per year)
- American Swimming Magazine (6 issues per year)
- Exclusive discounts on the ASCA Store (15% off all items)
SGD 210.00 (inclusive of 1-year ASCA membership)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $210.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
Continuing Education Credits
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for Fitness Instructors (applicable for UTAP funded courses endorsed by NICA):
- The National Instructors & Coaches Association (NICA) was formed by the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) to be the collective voice to support freelance coaches and instructors from sports, outdoor learning and adventure, visual and performing arts, fitness and wellness, and enrichment, to strengthen skills, standards and opportunities.
- In supporting NICA members with skills deepening programmes such as the courses offered by ISA, NICA members enjoy lower course fees through the Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) which provides 50% subsidy of the balance unfunded course fee, up to $250 or $500 per calendar year (for NICA/NTUC union members aged 40 and above).
- Click here to find out if you are eligible for the grant.
- If you wish to be part of a bigger voice for coaches and instructors, please sign up to be a NICA member at: www.ntuc.co/SEP (Note: to indicate ‘NICA’ under the field for Company Name)
- Find out more about NICA at: www.nica.org.sg or www.facebook.com/nicasingapore
Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for NROC Registered Coaches (applicable for courses approved by CoachSG):
- The Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for coaches is a grant provided to eligible coaches to encourage them to actively engage in continuous learning and be current in their knowledge and skills during this period where their work is impacted by the Covid-19 restrictions.
- Eligible coaches may claim $7.50 for each claimable hour for CoachSG organised CCE workshops/listed courses to a maximum of $300 per person until 31 March 2022.
- Click here to find out if you are eligible for the grant.
Click to download brochure
How to Register?
- Submit your online registration form.
- Make payment upon receipt of invoice.
- The access code and link to access the ASCA Online Portal will be sent via email approximately 10 working days (excluding weekends) after payment has been made.
- Complete the course at your own pace within 1 month from the day you receive the access code and link.
- Once you have passed the theory assessment, ASCA will email you the Certificate of Completion in PDF format.
I joined this course to increase my knowledge and build a better understanding so as to help my elders, myself and people around me. With the knowledge learnt, I'm more confident to share and give advice to the people around me who are at risk of falling. I taught them exercise testings such as balance test and this allowed them to use it in their own exercise.
This course has been beneficial in expanding my knowledge in planning exercises for different groups of populations. I was able to plan exercise programs for my friends and clients during their trimesters. It also highlights the importance of weight bearing exercises for the elderly. With that, I was also able to advise older clients to incorporate exercises such as dancing, jogging and stair climbing.”
As a Certified Personal Trainer and Founder of FITFAB, this workshop benefited both my clients and I. I personally think that Kettlebell is one of the most fun and versatile home equipment to use for my own workout and incorporating it to my clients' workouts. I like how this course has a good balance of both theory and practical element of learning Kettlebell. I enjoyed the session as the instructor (Jacquelynne) taught the lesson in an engaging and fun manner!