14 hours over 2 days
American Swimming Coaches Association Level 3 Certification Course
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Apsiring Private Swim Instructors
- For Certificate of Completion
– Must already have ASCA Level 1 & 2
- For Full Certificate of Achievement (with Gold Seal)
– Must already have ASCA Level 1 & 2
– Be the Primary* Coach of at least one swimmer who has achieved at least one time on the ASCA International Level
- Coaching Performance Achievement Requirement chart (50-metre pool times only)
– Provide proof of Primary Coach status
– Provide proof of time of swimmer at official meets only
– Provide resume of coaching experience
* Coach has planned and executed 90% of the training of an athlete during 12 months prior to the athlete’s new time achievement.
Get certified by one of the most recognized and prestigious swim coaches association in the world! With ASCA, you will be certified through a progression of courses that has become the world standard for coaching education since 1985, certifying more than 11,000 coaches in more than 18 nations around the globe.
The Physiology School reviews how swimmers’ bodies react and adapt to training, while also helping coaches develop a long-term training plan. Topics covered include core swimming physiology (and the interaction of the various physical and mental systems), as well as training progressions from novice to Senior. A great resource for coaches working with swimmers of all ages!
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 2 days x Theory Lessons, delivered at ISA Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- Theory Assessment, to be completed during the last hour of the course
Materials to Receive
- ASCA Level 3 Course Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ASCA Certificate of Completion for Level 3
(Upon passing the ASCA Assessment, students will be receive the ASCA Certificate.)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $560.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2021* *up to Mar 2021*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2021*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $21.40 per person
Continuing Education Credits
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Due to COVID-19 situation in Singapore and worldwide, we have temporarily halted all overseas speakers/workshops. We will be monitoring the situation before deciding when will be a good time to reopen these courses again.
Drop us your contact details below so we can keep you updated once there is an active intake available.
Ang Tiong Lin
Despite having the lessons online, I enjoyed the additional video illustrations as it helped me to understand and visualise the concepts better. The quizzes given at the end of each chapter and the recorded videos were very helpful in my revision and preparation for the ACE Exam. The instructors at ISA are very knowledgeable and helpful in teaching us! They were also able to deliver the course in a very engaging manner.
I was interested to find out how I can incorporate kettlebells into my own workout, as well as, to learn new knowledge as a Personal Trainer! I enjoyed my time with the instructor and other students where we learnt about the different types of kettlebell workouts and its benefits.”
I took up this course because I wanted to learn and know more about this particular group of individuals. It provided me with a better understanding and benefited the people around me as I was not only able to provide advice to the elderlies but also to my younger nieces and nephews when I train them.