6 hours over 1 day
ISA Elderly Exercise Specialist Course
This course provides current instructors and coaches with an upskill in training elderly clients. Elderly clients often present with different medical conditions or physical limitations, hence it is essential to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills to be able to handle their exercise regime and provide them a better quality of life.
This course will equip the participants with the skill to build a proactive and adaptive approach towards elderly clients and better enabling their lives through staying fit and healthy.
The course will cover 30% theory and 70% practical content, with emphasis on the exercise portion, alongside the progression/regression and safety aspects.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- To identify the structural and physiological changes that comes with the age group
- To be able to understand common medical conditions common with the age group
- To utilize the current exercise requirements to structure workout program
- To be able to carry out, progress and regress exercises appropriately
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
6 hours over 1 day (Sat), 9am – 4pm (with 1 hr break)
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
A practical assessment will be conducted towards the end of the course to ensure that all participants are able to apply what they have learnt during the course and be provided feedback.
Certificate(s) to Receive
Upon completion of the course, each participant will be awarded a:
Certificate of Completion for ISA Elderly Exercise Specialist Course
SGD 220 .00
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $220.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $21.40 per person
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- 0.6 ACE CECs awarded upon completion
- For NROC Coaches: 5 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
I took up this course because I wanted to learn and know more about this particular group of individuals. It provided me with a better understanding and benefited the people around me as I was not only able to provide advice to the elderlies but also to my younger nieces and nephews when I train them.
I joined this course to increase my knowledge and build a better understanding so as to help my elders, myself and people around me. With the knowledge learnt, I'm more confident to share and give advice to the people around me who are at risk of falling. I taught them exercise testings such as balance test and this allowed them to use it in their own exercise.
This course has been beneficial in expanding my knowledge in planning exercises for different groups of populations. I was able to plan exercise programs for my friends and clients during their trimesters. It also highlights the importance of weight bearing exercises for the elderly. With that, I was also able to advise older clients to incorporate exercises such as dancing, jogging and stair climbing.”