35 hours over 5 days (3 weekends)
ISA Obesity and Weight Management Course
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Certified Personal Trainers
Certified Personal Trainer/Coach (ACE, NSCA, CoachSG or equivalent)
Obesity and weight management are significant health concerns worldwide. It is a major risk factor for various chronic conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and certain cancers. This course aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the causes, consequences, and management strategies for obesity and weight-related issues. Students will develop knowledge and skills in assessing, preventing, and managing obesity, including understanding the impact of diet, physical activity, behaviour, and other lifestyle factors on body weight. This course will also discuss various societal, cultural, and environmental factors that contribute to obesity and the role of public health policies in addressing this complex issue.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of obesity as a disease – causes, effects and impacts.
- Develop a holistic approach to the managing obesity.
- Be able to evaluate current politics and guidelines.
- To understand the complexities of obesity and the challenges faced.
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
35 hours over 5 days (3 weekends)
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- ISA Theory Assessment
- Conducted 1 week from course commencement on the Saturday, 10am – 11.00am
- 30 MCQ Questions, 70% to pass
Materials to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Obesity and Weight Management Course Notes
Certificate(s) to Receive
- Upon Completion of the course, each participant will be awarded:
– ISA Certificate in Obesity and Weight Management
International Sports Academy
1 Stadium Place, Kallang Wall Mall, #01-11
(opposite beach volleyball courts)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends! (All Discounts are not stackable, the higher of the discount will be applied)
- Register within 2 Biz Days to receive a discount of $50.00
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $50.00 per person
- Register with a group (min. 6 pax) and receive a discount of $100.00 per person
- Referral Reward (Referrer & Referee) – $100.00 per person
- NROC coaches receive a discount of 10%
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
After attending this course, I'm able to apply this knowledge to my work as a cabin crew as I would come across many passengers who have dietary restrictions and it has taught me to gain an in-depth understanding of their conditions. More importantly, I can better understand the food labels now which effectively allows me to make healthier choices when consuming food.
Despite lessons being conducted online, I liked that we were still able to have hands-on experience that we did virtually to put what we learn into practice. I'm satisfied with the overall learning experience at ISA!"
I’m a huge fitness fanatic who also loves to cook, especially healthy delicious meals for my loved ones. I firmly believe that you need to treat your body well and that extends to what we put inside our bodies. As such, the Fitness Nutrition course marries the two worlds I’m passionate about! One key takeaway from this course is that a good and effective diet should be suitable and sustainable.