7 hours over 1 day
ISA Communication for Fitness Professionals Course
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Certified Personal Trainers
Front Counter Staff
This course equips fitness professionals with the appropriate skills required to be effective communicators in the fitness industry, whether as personal trainers, coaches, or online instructors. As leaders in fitness, possessing knowledge is the first step; delivering that knowledge to nurture future leaders requires competent communication skills. This course aims to accomplish that.
Participants will begin by exploring various techniques to build self-confidence and to fine-tune their current speaking and coaching skills. They will learn to adapt to the forms of communication required for the different aspects of the fitness industry, and learning how to connect with clients/customers/participants through their words and actions.
Participants will be given opportunities for case studies and role play where guidance and feedback is given from the instructors. They will conclude by having a engaging hands-on assessment to demonstrate proficient communication that is both client-centric and goal-specific.
Upon successful completion of the course:
- Participants would understand:
- The importance of effective communication in the fitness industry
- The need for self-confidence in building rapport with clients, customers and participants
- The dynamics of communication in different fitness settings and environments
- Participants would be skilled in:
- Professional communication that reflects self-confidence and individuality
- Identifying and adapting to different fitness settings while demonstrating appropriate communication skills
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 7 hours of Theory & Practical Lesson, delivered on Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
Materials to Receive
- ISA Communication for Fitness Professionals Course Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Communication for Fitness Professionals
(Upon completion of the course, students will be receive the above mentioned certificate.)
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
After attending this course, I'm able to apply this knowledge to my work as a cabin crew as I would come across many passengers who have dietary restrictions and it has taught me to gain an in-depth understanding of their conditions. More importantly, I can better understand the food labels now which effectively allows me to make healthier choices when consuming food.
Despite lessons being conducted online, I liked that we were still able to have hands-on experience that we did virtually to put what we learn into practice. I'm satisfied with the overall learning experience at ISA!"
I’m a huge fitness fanatic who also loves to cook, especially healthy delicious meals for my loved ones. I firmly believe that you need to treat your body well and that extends to what we put inside our bodies. As such, the Fitness Nutrition course marries the two worlds I’m passionate about! One key takeaway from this course is that a good and effective diet should be suitable and sustainable.