39 hours over 4 months
ISA Certified Personal Trainer Course (leading to ACE Certification) – Independent Online Edition
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Aspiring Personal Trainers
- Minimum age of 18
- Valid CPR-AED Certification (you may obtain your CPR + AED certification with ISA at a subsidised rate, if you don’t already have one!)
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer certification is a internationally-recognized and sought-after personal training certification. It equips you with the proper skills and knowledge to design safe, effective and customized personal training programs for your clients. Most of all, this prestigious certification is a transferrable skill set, and would be useful whatever your future fitness training goals may be.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will understand:
- Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
- Principles of Adherence, Motivation, Behaviour Change, and Health Psychology
- Communication and Teaching Techniques
- The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
- Building Rapport
- Health and Exercise History Information Assessment
- Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
- Functional Training: Assessments, Programming, and Progressions for Posture, Movement, Core, Balance, and Flexibility
- Physiological Assessments
- Cardiorespiratory Training: Programming and Progressions
- Professional and Legal Responsibilities, Scope of Practice, and Business Strategies for Personal Trainers
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 5 x Consultations, delivered via Zoom
- 3 x Tutorials, delivered via Zoom
- 10 hours of Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Instructors (Complimentary), delivered via Zoom
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- ISA Theory Exam (150 questions), delivered via ISA Online Portal
(to prepare for ACE Examination and for practice)
- ACE Examination for Personal Trainers, to be taken at External Examination Site
(150 MCQs in 3 hours, score of 500/800 to pass and be a Certified Personal Trainer)
Materials to Receive
- ACE Exercise Professional’s Guide to Personal Training Textbook (Hard/Soft-Copy)
- ACE Personal Trainer Study Companion (Hard/Soft-Copy)
- Access to ISA Online Portal for on-demand materials
- ACE Examination Ticket (to be purchased for students by ISA)
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate of Completion for ISA Certified Personal Trainer Course
(Upon completion of the course, participants will receive the above-mentioned certificate.)
- ACE Certificate for ACE Certified Personal Trainers
(Upon passing the ACE Certification Examination, students will be certified as an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and receive the ACE Certificate.)
- Certificate in Essential Sports Science (Fitness Instructors)
(With your sign up for the ISA Certified Personal Trainer Course, you will be offered our course in Essential Sports Science (Fitness Instructors) COMPLIMENTARY! This 10 hour course provides you with the required foundations in Sports Science and to grasp scientific concepts relevant to personal training.)
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $1500.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2023*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2023*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $53.50 per person
- Register in a group of 4 or more and receive a discount of $107.00 per person
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for Fitness Instructors (applicable for UTAP funded courses endorsed by NICA):
- The National Instructors & Coaches Association (NICA) was formed by the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) to be the collective voice to support freelance coaches and instructors from sports, outdoor learning and adventure, visual and performing arts, fitness and wellness, and enrichment, to strengthen skills, standards and opportunities.
- In supporting NICA members with skills deepening programmes such as the courses offered by ISA, NICA members enjoy lower course fees through the Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) which provides 50% subsidy of the balance unfunded course fee, up to $250 or $500 per calendar year (for NICA/NTUC union members aged 40 and above).
- Click here to find out if you are eligible for the grant.
- If you wish to be part of a bigger voice for coaches and instructors, please sign up to be a NICA member at: www.ntuc.co/SEP (Note: to indicate ‘NICA’ under the field for Company Name)
- Find out more about NICA at: www.nica.org.sg or www.facebook.com/nicasingapore
Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for NROC Registered Coaches (applicable for courses approved by CoachSG):
- The Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for coaches is a grant provided to eligible coaches to encourage them to actively engage in continuous learning and be current in their knowledge and skills during this period where their work is impacted by the Covid-19 restrictions.
- Eligible coaches may claim $7.50 for each claimable hour for CoachSG organised CCE workshops/listed courses to a maximum of $300 per person until 31 March 2023.
- Click here to find out if you are eligible for the grant.
Click to download brochure
Besides having online materials that were readily accessible, the additional videos provided by ISA were very useful in providing visual aid to understand the concepts better! The instructors are very knowledgeable as they were clear and detailed in their explanations. They even used relevant examples or draw from personal experiences to illustrate. They took time to go through the concepts repeatedly to ensure that we understand the concepts and were prepared for the ACE exam!
I chose ISA because it is well-established and has been around longer than other sports academies that I know of. The staff were also more responsive when I enquired about the course. I learnt that personal training is not just about executing a workout plan, but also about one's approach to client management.
Ang Tiong Lin
Despite having the lessons online, I enjoyed the additional video illustrations as it helped me to understand and visualise the concepts better. The quizzes given at the end of each chapter and the recorded videos were very helpful in my revision and preparation for the ACE Exam. The instructors at ISA are very knowledgeable and helpful in teaching us! They were also able to deliver the course in a very engaging manner.