This advance sports massage course emphasizes the current basic sports massage techniques of deep tissue massage and release methods to the injured muscle. Participants will learn how to conduct basic ROM testing and joint release techniques. Participants will be exposed to the different types of myofascial injuries and the correct approach to manage it. Participants will also learn the indications/contraindications and the appropriate application of these approaches for other various clinical conditions such nerve impingement. Additionally, this course provides participants with an understanding of the various stages of muscle strain and duration needed for the full recovery. Components of trigger point release will also be discussed. Participants will also be required to complete a case study assessment before being certified as competent.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in the application of deep tissue massage on the muscle.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting ROM testing and managing joint issues.
- Understand the indications/contraindications of advance sports massage.
- Demonstrate competency in managing the client’s injuries.
- Understand anatomy and physiology in depth.
- Completed ISA Introduction to Kettlebell Course (Powered by BlackJacqStrength) OR
- Certified Personal Trainer/Coach^ (ACE, NSCA, CoachSG or equivalent), AND
- Able to submit a video* showing good execution of the following 3 kettlebell movements (within 1 min per movement):
- 20 repetitions of single arm kettlebell swing (10 each side)
- 20 repetitions of single arm kettlebell snatch (10 each side)
- 20 repetitions of kettlebell clean and press (10 each side)
^ A copy of your current certification will be requested for verification purposes.
* Video to be submitted via email/google drive link/wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly ensure that your name is properly labelled as the video name for easy identification.
This course is endorsed by NICA (National Instructors & Coaches Association)
This course is recognised for continuing education by American Council on Exercise (ACE) and CoachSG