8 hours over 1 day
ISA Certificate in Exercise Prescription for Special Populations (Youth, Elderly & Pregnant)
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Certified Personal Trainers
- Some experience in exercising, training and/or coaching
Physical activity is important in youths, elderly and pregnant women to promote health and fitness. This workshop will prepare participants with the exercise prescription guidelines and recommendations for the respective populations. Special considerations during training will also be covered for the respective populations. The exercise guidelines and recommendations taught in this workshop will be presented using the frequency, intensity, time, and type (FITT) principle, which are core components of an exercise prescription.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of physical activity for clients who are pre-adolescent, elderly or pregnant
- Describe developmentally appropriate physical activity programs for pre-adolescents and the elderly, and demonstrate an understanding of age-specific needs and concerns
- Understand the various test protocols/procedures and exercise recommendations for pre-adolescents and the elderly
- Describe the changes that occur during pregnancy and its implications on exercise guidelines
- Discuss exercise recommendations and precautions for pregnant women
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 8 hours of Theory Lessons with Practical Demonstration, delivered via Zoom
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- Theory Assessment
- Conducted 1 week from course commencement on the Saturday, 10am-11am
- Conducted via Online Link provided through e-mail
- 10 MCQs and 10 Short Structured Questions, 50% to pass
- 1-time re-assessment available at $53.50, upon arrangement
Materials to Receive
- ISA Exercise Prescription for Special Populations (Youth, Elderly & Pregnant) Course Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Exercise Prescription for Special Populations (Youth, Elderly & Pregnant)
(Upon completion of the course and passing of assessment, students will be receive the above mentioned certificate.)
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 5 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
- For ACE Certified Personnels: 0.6 ACE CECs awarded upon completion
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $120.00 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2022*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $21.40 per person
I took up this course because I wanted to learn and know more about this particular group of individuals. It provided me with a better understanding and benefited the people around me as I was not only able to provide advice to the elderlies but also to my younger nieces and nephews when I train them.
I joined this course to increase my knowledge and build a better understanding so as to help my elders, myself and people around me. With the knowledge learnt, I'm more confident to share and give advice to the people around me who are at risk of falling. I taught them exercise testings such as balance test and this allowed them to use it in their own exercise.
This course has been beneficial in expanding my knowledge in planning exercises for different groups of populations. I was able to plan exercise programs for my friends and clients during their trimesters. It also highlights the importance of weight bearing exercises for the elderly. With that, I was also able to advise older clients to incorporate exercises such as dancing, jogging and stair climbing.”