20 hours over 3 days
ISA Sports Rehabilitation Level 1 Course
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Certified Personal Trainers
The course introduces the latest research- and evidence-based methods of all the core areas of sport rehabilitation, manual therapy, injury prevention, optimal performance and high-performance training by integrating the best practices of sports medicine and sports performance. This approach provides an excellent combination of rebuilding the perfect kinetic chain, mobility, stability, sport-specific functional strength and maximum performance.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Corrective exercises
- Biomechanics of sports movements
- Sports rehabilitation models and protocols
- Acute and chronic phases
- Functional soft tissue release techniques
Participants will also acquire essential theoretical and practical skills in comprehensive Sports Rehabilitation, including:
- Procedures in hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow and lumbar spine traumatic and overuse sport injury till achieving athletic maximum results
- Managing musculoskeletal, ligament, tendon, cartillage injuries, soft tissue dysfunction by applying cutting-edge rehabilitation therapeutic techniques
- Designing exercise therapy
- Implementing rehabilitation programmes that return athletes to optimum performance and restoring all aspects of physical fitness including optimal movement patterns, stabilization, mobilization, sport-specific functional strength, power, and speed
- Incorporating and apply different sports rehabilitation techniques and treatments at the same time like sport cupping, trigger point therapy, manual soft-tissue releasing techniques, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, self mobilization, compression band, cortical training, functional sports rehabilitation exercises and kinesio tape techniques to treat injuries of muscular skeleton system, tendon, ligament, cartilage, soft tissue dysfunction and myofascial restrictions
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 20 hours of Theory & Practical Lessons, delivered at ISA Campus
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
Materials to Receive
- ISA Sports Rehabilitation Level 1 Course Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Sports Rehabilitation Level 1
(Upon completion of the course, students will be receive the above mentioned certificate.)
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
- For ACE Certified Personnels: 1.4 ACE CECs awarded upon completion
- For NASM Certified Personnels: 1.9 CEUs awarded upon completion
- For Prime Physio Clinics Certified Personnels: 32 CPD Hours awarded upon completion
- For IWI Certified Personnels: 32 CECs awarded upon completion
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $695.50 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2021*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2021*
Due to COVID-19 situation in Singapore and worldwide, we have temporarily halted all overseas speakers/workshops. We will be monitoring the situation before deciding when will be a good time to reopen these courses again.
Drop us your contact details below so we can keep you updated once there is an active intake available.
Ang Tiong Lin
Despite having the lessons online, I enjoyed the additional video illustrations as it helped me to understand and visualise the concepts better. The quizzes given at the end of each chapter and the recorded videos were very helpful in my revision and preparation for the ACE Exam. The instructors at ISA are very knowledgeable and helpful in teaching us! They were also able to deliver the course in a very engaging manner.
I was interested to find out how I can incorporate kettlebells into my own workout, as well as, to learn new knowledge as a Personal Trainer! I enjoyed my time with the instructor and other students where we learnt about the different types of kettlebell workouts and its benefits.”
I took up this course because I wanted to learn and know more about this particular group of individuals. It provided me with a better understanding and benefited the people around me as I was not only able to provide advice to the elderlies but also to my younger nieces and nephews when I train them.