14 hours over 2 days
ISA Certificate in Introduction to Fitness Nutrition
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
Certified Personal Trainers
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to understand the fundamentals of fitness nutrition, and to prepare for the ISA Fitness Nutrition Specialist Certification Exam. This course presents the theoretical nutrition concepts that will enable fitness professionals to provide practical and useful tips to their clients while staying within the boundaries of their scope of practice.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Macronutrients (Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat)
- Micronutrients (Vitamin and Minerals) and water
- Ergogenic aids
- Nutrition guidelines and recommendations
- Assessment of dietary and nutrient intakes and nutritional status
- Nutrition throughout the lifecycle
- Nutrition for athletes, vegetarians, special populations
- Eating disorders
- Nutrition coaching
- Planning a healthy and balanced meal
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
- 14 hours of Theory Lessons, delivered via Zoom
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- Theory Assessment
- Conducted 1 week from course commencement on the Saturday, 10am-11.30am
- 50 MCQs and 4 Short Structured Questions, 50% to pass
Materials to Receive
- ISA Introduction to Fitness Nutrition Course Manual
Certificate(s) to Receive
- ISA Certificate in Introduction to Fitness Nutrition
(Upon completion of the course and passing of assessment, students will be receive the above mentioned certificate.)
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
- For NROC Coaches: 10 CoachSG CCE Hours awarded upon completion
- For ACE Certified Personnels: 1.4 ACE CECs awarded upon completion
Fundings (Terms & Conditions apply):
- SkillsFuture: up to $481.50 for Singaporeans 25 years and above *up to Mar 2021*
- UTAP: 50% of unfunded course fees (before GST) for NTUC members with minimum 75% attendance rate, capped at $250.00/year for members below 40 years old, and $500.00/year for members 40 years and above *up to Mar 2021*
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends!
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $21.40 per person
After attending this course, I'm able to apply this knowledge to my work as a cabin crew as I would come across many passengers who have dietary restrictions and it has taught me to gain an in-depth understanding of their conditions. More importantly, I can better understand the food labels now which effectively allows me to make healthier choices when consuming food.
Despite lessons being conducted online, I liked that we were still able to have hands-on experience that we did virtually to put what we learn into practice. I'm satisfied with the overall learning experience at ISA!"
I’m a huge fitness fanatic who also loves to cook, especially healthy delicious meals for my loved ones. I firmly believe that you need to treat your body well and that extends to what we put inside our bodies. As such, the Fitness Nutrition course marries the two worlds I’m passionate about! One key takeaway from this course is that a good and effective diet should be suitable and sustainable.