28 hours over 4 days
ISA Certificate in Advanced Sports Massage
Who is it for?
People Who Take This Course
- ISA Certificate in Basic Sports Massage; or any Basic Sports Massage Certifications from other institutions
- Any Basic Sports Massage Certifications from other Institutions
This advance sports massage course emphasizes the current basic sports massage techniques of deep tissue massage and release methods to the injured muscle. Participants will learn how to conduct basic ROM testing and joint release techniques. Participants will be exposed to the different types of myofascial injuries and the correct approach to manage it. Participants will also learn the indications/contraindications and the appropriate application of these approaches for other various clinical conditions such nerve impingement. Additionally, this course provides participants with an understanding of the various stages of muscle strain and duration needed for the full recovery. Components of trigger point release will also be discussed. Participants will also be required to complete a case study assessment before being certified as competent.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in the application of deep tissue massage on the muscle.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting ROM testing and managing joint issues.
- Understand the indications/contraindications of advance sports massage.
- Demonstrate competency in managing the client’s injuries.
- Understand anatomy and physiology in depth.
Course Schedule (Refer to Brochure for Specific Schedule)
28 hours over 4 days
Assessment (Refer to Brochure for Specific Assessment Details)
- Practical Assessment & Case Study Presentation
- Conducted on Day 4 of the course
Certificate(s) to Receive
- Upon Completion of the course, each participant will be awarded:
- ISA Certificate in Advanced Sports Massage
International Sports Academy
1 Stadium Place, Kallang Wave Mall, #01-09/11
(opposite beach volleyball courts)
Continuing Education Credits (if applicable):
Receive special ISA discounts when you sign up with your friends! (Not stackable, the higher of the discount(s) will be applied)
- Register with a friend and receive a discount of $50.00 per person
- Register with a group (min. 6 pax) and receive a discount of $100.00 per person
- Register within 2 Business Days to receive a discount of $50.00
- NROC coaches receive a discount of 10%
- Referral Reward (Referrer & Referee) – $100.00 per person
Click to download brochure
After attending this course, I'm able to apply this knowledge to my work as a cabin crew as I would come across many passengers who have dietary restrictions and it has taught me to gain an in-depth understanding of their conditions. More importantly, I can better understand the food labels now which effectively allows me to make healthier choices when consuming food.
Despite lessons being conducted online, I liked that we were still able to have hands-on experience that we did virtually to put what we learn into practice. I'm satisfied with the overall learning experience at ISA!"
I’m a huge fitness fanatic who also loves to cook, especially healthy delicious meals for my loved ones. I firmly believe that you need to treat your body well and that extends to what we put inside our bodies. As such, the Fitness Nutrition course marries the two worlds I’m passionate about! One key takeaway from this course is that a good and effective diet should be suitable and sustainable.